Own Inventory Central Reservation System
Sub-Module 1) CRS Admin General Features
- Automatic Invoicing through email every month as scheduled by the CRS admin for each hotel. This will contain total bookings and cancellation report for a month with no of bookings made in that hotel.
- CRS admin can create a new hotelier log in which then they can use to manage their hotel Information. Through this login they can manage their hotel info like name, pictures, description and contact details.
- A report section here with same features here but just sourcing all data from CRS Bookings
- Every email sent from the CRS admin is archived and can be later viewed from the CRS admin.
- Can view/manage/edit all inventory
- Can disable/Enable any hotel
- Can search Bookings using : First Name, Last Name, Email & Confirmation Number
- Each reservation has a unique confirmation number
- CRS can create booking s from the back end.
- The CRS always shows rate by default for 2 Adults / 2 children
- 3rd person $5 per person extra
- 4th person $10
- We need the ability to edit these for each hotel.
Sub-Module 2) Logged In Hoteliers
This module facilitates hoteliers to manage their hotel information through a login. The following are the features:
- Leave a query for super admin
- Can run their Booking/Cancellation/Modification Reports
- Manage Rates & Inventories using Rate Manager: This is locked by default as rates and inventories are always pulled from the API. But the CR S admin can enable this feature and hoteliers can manage their rates and inventories manually. This feature can only be enabled/disabled by the CRS admin.
- Manage and Create Rate Packages using Package Manager
- Manage and Create Cancellation Policies using Policy Manager
- Manage their hotel information using Information Manager
- This is a very important module. It facilitates payment processing.
- What we want is the ability to for the CRS to not charge the guests through our payment gateway.
This will function as follows : When booking in our own inventory, On clicking the make payment button after user fills out the payment form ( the last page of the reservation booking cycle) the system will check if the payment switch for this hotel is enabled/disabled.
If enabled it will collect the payment from B2C client in our account but if this switch is disabled then the system will not process the payment but will shoot a email to the hotelier with the payment information.
Only superadmin can activate/deactivate this switch. This requires a authentication. In this module we need a summary for this feature i.e. we can check what all switches are activated or deactivated.
This module facilitates updating rates and Inventories in the following way:
Between Starting date - Ending Date
room type 1 rate - __________ S, M , T , W , t , f , s Room Type 1 rate ___ S, M , T , W , t , f , s
room type 1 Inv - __________ S, M , T , W , t , f , s Room Type 1 Inv ___ S, M , T , W , t , f , s
room type 2 rate - __________ S, M , T , W , t , f , s Room Type 2 rate ___ S, M , T , W , t , f , s
room type 2 Inv - __________ S, M , T , W , t , f , s Room Type 2 Inv ___ S, M , T , W , t , f , s
& So On
Explanation: Using the above method I can update room rates and inventories between two dates and for specific days of the week. For Example I can update for weekdays or weekends between dates by just filling 40 & 60 in row 1.
This module facilitates creating and describing rate packages which then can be selected while booking the hotel.
NOTE : Every hotel has a Best Available Rate Package which features 0% discount. This rate package is always locked for every hotel and is applicable for all dates and reservations. This is also the default selected room package.
- Create : Name and Description for the Package
Activation Dates: Rate Package activated for start date & end date
Following criteria can be used :
- Based on number of days booked in Advanced
- Based on the length of stay
- Based on Membership
- Based on groups
The discount can be offered in term of fixed dollar amount or fixed percentage. The rate packages can be deleted /edited at any time. It has to be noted that every reservation falls into one rate package. Best Available Rate by default
The CRS offers this to create Cancellation Policies. This works in the following way:
- Create: Create a new cancellation Policy with a name and description
- Apply to: Select from a list of available rate package.
- Check: Check if cancellation is allowed or not. This is checked by checking if the cancellation is requested before this many days from check-in date.
- For example if the value is 2 then cancellation is allowed until 48 hours before the time of check in for this hotel.
- Penalty : Fix% , Dollar Amount & In terms of Nights
- The cancellation policies can be edited or changed at any time.
This module is used to collect hotel Information and has the following sections :
- Basic Info
- Content : Description, Nearby Attractions/Things To Do
- Amenities : Room and Hotel
- Other Policies : Check-in &Check-out , Pets Allowed, Accepted Credit Card
This module goes through the CRS and checks whether any hotel has a "zero" inventory or rate and if it finds a matching case it summaries a report with name of the hotel and the dates when the inventory or rate is zero.
With this it also sends a email to the each hotel notifying them of the same. This template for this email can be managed from here.